December Challenge Status
- Plank(s) – Rest Day
- Push-Ups – 7
- Run – 4 miles with Glenn outside…
Now on to the running-craft! I went online and thought about buying a fun finisher medal display. They were all expensive and “cute” but impersonal. I knew I could do it differently and Pinterest had great ideas that proved me right! This is my version of a craft I saw on Pinterest… now I can’t find the original. Someone out there had this idea and I would love to credit her! Here’s my version of the instructions to make the display:
- 12 X 12 piece of wood
- Cheap crafting paint (not shown)
- Wooden letters
- Mod Podge crafting glue
- A 12 X 12 piece of scrapbook paper (hindsight – heavier duty paper is best)
- Hooks for medal hanging
- Clips for race bib hanging (not shown)
- Super Glue (not shown)
- Paint the edges of the wood the color of your choice.
- Slather Mod Podge on the wood. Everyone says the more Mod Podge the better. Maybe that’s true, but you have to make sure it’s spread evenly on the surface you’re working with – in this case the wood! Uneven slathering will result in major wrinkling of your scrapbook paper.
- Smooth the scrapbook paper over the wood trying to avoid wrinkles (which is impossible to do, by the way… you can just avoid them quite a bit or not so much)
- Slather Mod Podge on the scrapbook paper to ensure that it has adhered to the wood. (If you do this before the paint has dried, you will certainly smear that paint color all over your scrapbook paper!)
- Try the above steps again with another sheet of scrapbook paper that you enjoy just as much as the first one…
- After applying several layers of Mod Podge glue (dry between coats) allow your project to dry completely.
- Use wood glue to stick your letters onto the top of your project.
- Apply/adhere/affix (a.k.a. PUT ON) the hooks
- Use superglue to stick the clips to your board…
- Find a great place for your medals and hang your medal display!
- Clip in your race bibs!
- Hang your medals on the hooks!
Do you display your racing medals somewhere (even if only you see them)?
Do you enjoy crafting?
Weekend plans? Anybody racing?